Dear Dancers & Parents,
We are very excited for our 2nd Annual CRN Canada Feile on Saturday, May 27th 2017. Competing dancers and parents should read through all the information provided so they are well informed for the competitions. Best wishes to all dancers competing on Saturday! The dancers have worked very hard and we know they will do their best and make us all proud of their accomplishments.
Dancers, family, and friends are welcome to attend and we encourage our non-competing dancers to come out and support us for our 2nd Canada Feile.
For those attending we remind you we are welcoming dancers, parents, instructors, and adjudicators from the U.S.A . We encourage parents and dancers to make sure everyone feels welcome and is well looked after. Please do your best to show a warm welcome to our visitors!
Our instructors and coordinators are extremely busy preparing for the feile so we ask you to please be mindful of the workload and assist as best you can by limiting questions to only those absolutely necessary. Please review all the information included in this email before contacting us with your questions as most of the answers will be provided already.
Date – Saturday, May 27th 2017
Location – Canad Inns Club Regent Casino Hotel, 1415 Regent Ave. West, Winnipeg
Doors Open 8:00 AM
Start Time: Line-up 8: 30 AM
Competition starts 9:00 AM
Adjudicator: Ms.. Lena McGinley
General Admission: $5 US per person
CRN non-registered dancers: $3 US
Open Platform dancers: $6 US
* please note this is in US Funds, exchange will be calculated the day of the feile based on current rates
Feile Tank Tops
For dancers who’ve ordered T-Shirts they can be picked up at check-in the day of the feile. There will be a few extra t-shirts available for sale but supplies are limited
Solo costumes are not permitted in Bungrad or Ullmhuchan levels with the exception of dancers over 18. Solo costumes may be worn in Meanghrad, Ardghrad, and Craobhghrad levels by dancers of any age
All school costumes are registered with CRN so please wear appropriate school costumes.
- Performance – Black with cummerbund & cuffs
- General – Green Skirt & Black Bodysuit
- Please make sure costume items are secure as dancer will be disqualified if items fall off. If a costume piece falls off, dancers are required to stop dancing, pick up the item and return back to their position to wait until competition is over.
- Shoes should be well fitting, clean, and polished. Ill-fitting shoes will affect a dancer’s placement.
- Absolutely no elastic in shoes (hard or soft). Use proper hard shoe or soft shoe laces only.
- Double knot all laces and secure buckles on hard shoes. Untied laces will result in disqualification. If a dancer’s lace becomes untied, dancers should return to their position to wait until the competition is over.
Wigs are optional for CRN Competitions
Full, Bun, or Pony tail wigs are acceptable
- Please make sure costume items are secure as dancer will be disqualified if items fall off.
Tights / Socks
CRN Rule, dancers 20 and over must wear black tight
- Poodle socks for all dancers under 20
- Team dancers must coordinate socks or tights
- Make sure your socks are newer, clean, white, and well fitting. Sock glue is essential as dancers will lose points if socks fall down during competition
MSD & CRN discourage the use of heavy make-up, spray tan, etc. especially with younger dancers. There are low stage lights at Feile’s so heavy make-up is not necessary. Light or no make-up is acceptable.
CRN General Feile Information & Regulations
- Be dressed and ready to compete at least 30 minutes prior to competition time as there can be long line ups at check in, especially during earlier competitions.
- Absolutely no changing in competition room or in hallways. All dancers must change in dancer’s room (or wherever directed by the Feile). Change rooms are not co-ed and male dancers must stay in area designed for them.
- No practicing in hallways, hotel lobby, etc. Practicing is permitted in the dancer’s change room if a practice room is not designated
- Dancers must be in full costume for results to receive their prize. If you are not in costume including footwear, you will not be allowed on the stage / podium.
- Dancers who impede another competition on stage will result in disciplinary action being taken 1st offence – written warning 2nd offence – immediate suspension for a period of time
- Dancers who fall while competition in a solo competition will not be penalized and will be allowed the opportunity to compete again at a later time.
- Dancers who are injured will not be allowed to compete.
- There must be complete silence in the hall during competitions
- Absolutely no photography or video during competitions. Photographs are acceptable during results ONLY
- The use of cell phones is not permitted during competitions, mobile phones much be switched to silence at all times in the hall
- At no time should dancers or parents approach the adjudicator or scrutineers
- Dancers & Parents should not discuss results or adjudicators decisions at feiles
CRN Grading System
Whenever the number of competitors is less than seven the winner will not advance unless specified by the adjudicator. This will be announced during results. If a competitor wins a graded dance three times, with three or more competitors in the competition at the time of winning, that dancer moves on to the next grade in that dance
- MSD will keep track of dancer’s results
- Results are posted on CRN’s website
Results & Award Ceremonies
Typically schools will group together for the reading of results. Photos are permitted but dancers & parents are reminded not to be intrusive with their photography.
Dancers will need to stay for results in order to receive their medals. Results “Award” times for levels & team competitions are listed on the schedule and are approximate.
- Dancers must be in costume with shoes to accept awards and stand on podium
- Dancers and parents are reminded to accept the results of the adjudicator without question or upset. Absolutely no sad faces or tears please!
- If you are cheering for your school’s dancers, please keep in mind you should cheer equally for other dancers / school’s results.
- Parents are asked NOT to place pressure on dancers or instructors. Please do not show disappointment if dancers do not place and keep in mind you must set the example and offer guidance to assist dancers who may be dealing with their own disappointment.
- Dancers & Parents are also reminded to accept achievements with grace and dignity and not “show off” when they place well.
Instructor availability is limited during competitions as all CRN Teachers must volunteer for the Feile. Please be mindful of instructor’s time at Feile. If you have important questions, feel free to ask your Instructors, but keep in mind our time is limited and we have a responsibility to CRN and the other dancers competing.